ODYSSEY SCHOOL NETWORK
Odyssey was born from the belief that one of the main challenges of the 21st century will be education. In an era marked by profound social, ecological and geopolitical transformations, education is not only essential personal capital, but above all “the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world” (Nelson Mandela).
As the name suggests, Odyssey is first and foremost an adventure which our small group of founders embarked on out of passion:
- Passion for education, a deeply altruistic activity, combining the transmission of knowledge, kindness, high standards and innovation. Teaching demands true expertise, but above all it is a vocation, requiring soulfulness and great awareness of the fact that the education provided to our pupils helps shape their futures, and thus, the world of tomorrow.
- A passion for France and the French language, which, throughout the world, embodies the spirit of the Enlightenment and values. In a globalised world, where English has become the main vector for communication, the French culture and language present an opportunity for our pupils to excel within the international educational landscape.
Within the framework of the French national curriculum, Odyssey schools provide an academic education in French, English and the national language of the host country, starting from nursery school level. Lessons are delivered by French and international teachers using an active and personalised teaching approach. Students take responsibility for their own learning, becoming independent and knowledgeable citizens of the future, thanks to a “French-style” education based on the spirit of the Enlightenment and humanist values. Odyssey schools establish a true community that opens students up to the world, enabling them to grow and develop the key skills to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
In each Odyssey school, highly-qualified academic teams are committed to ensuring the success of each student and establishing their future pathway to higher education. The qualifications obtained by our students, and most importantly, the French Baccalaureate, are true passports to the world, opening the doors to the best universities on the planet.
In 2021, the Odyssey network was comprised of 14 schools in Europe, Africa and Asia, all of which are approved by the French Ministry of Education. Recognised by the French authorities for the quality of its educational provision, the Odyssey group has signed a framework agreement with the public operator AEFE (Agency for French Education Abroad), thus consolidating its role as a privileged partner within the French education network abroad.
WHY CHOOSE ODYSSEY?
Odyssey brings together international French Sixth Forms (lycées) from around the world, forming an educational community united around strong human values and a mission of educational excellence carried out by teachers committed to the success of students and the influence of French culture. Discover the 4 pillars:
An international French education
- A French Sixth Form providing an excellent education
- A multilingual international education, opening up our pupils to the world
A fulfilling environment
- A united and caring community
- High-quality schools, providing a premium service
Academic excellence & human development
- Basic knowledge
- Multilingualism & culture
- General scientific knowledge and technological skills
- Sports and human values
- Methodology and reasoning
Personalised & active teaching
- Differentiation and evaluation
- Project-based learning
- Oral expression
Do you need any further information?
The Admissions Office team will be happy to answer any questions you may have.